Sunday, August 17, 2008

How Does Your Garden Grow?





Well, I will say, if you let Chunky get to it....you probably will be growing a thing. And speaking of things growing....this weekend we were blessed with a overabundance of corn. No really...about 30 ears. So, I did the whole peel, boil, freeze thing. Can I just say, I love corn, I think it is a wonderful gift that God gave us, but what was he thinking when he made it will all of that stringy stuff wrapped around it??? On Saturday, I was blessed by a wonderful friend and invited to a Ladies night out put on by a local church. The main speaker had 9 children (I can barely take care of my one), but spoke on the subject of Heritage. One of her main points was to remember how our children watch how we act, and then copy what they see. Which means, I may want to clean up my act a little! As you can see from the pics, Chunky visited with his Ita (grandma in spanish) and loved helping her in the garden. He loves, loves, loves to visit her and ask to go to her house everyday. I think it helps that she feeds him pizza and chocolate on demand. I am so glad that she has the patience to let him do things that I would not even consider. God bless the Grandmothers of the world.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Cute pics, can use him a lot more to finish this garden, he was doing a great job, and really seemed to love it!
Readt to dig some more Chunky? And dont forget all the hosing too1
Love,
Ita

a said...

I completely agree...grandmothers are the greatest!