Monday, September 8, 2008

Look Out Iron Chef

My Indiana friends have been asking me for quite a while, "When are you going to cook something from New Orleans? " So, this weekend, I decided I would try to cook my aunt's famous red beans and rice with smoked sausage. It was very, very, very good and tasted just like home! Chunky decided he wanted to help with all of this hard work. So here is the step by step process! Step 1. Make sure to wash your hands. While your at it, might as well wash your whole body so you can get warm in this cute fuzzy bear towel.
Step 2. Put on cute frog apron. Next make some cajun cornbread to go with Mom's red beans. It has some chile and green peppers. A little spicy, but really yummy!
Step 3. While waiting on red beans, make strawberry cake and make sure to lick the spoon!
Step 4. Time to do the dishes. Remind me to buy Mom a dishwasher for Mother's Day!
Step 5. Play a classic New Orleans theme song "Oh When The Saints Go Marching In". Notice how much talent I have that I can play the music even when the book is upside down!

Step 6. Learn how much work really goes into home cooking and invite yourself and your mom to dinner at a friend's house!

4 comments:

amy f. said...

Cute play-by-play. So, yeah, I'd like it all...thank you very much (right down to the strawberry cake). So, when are you having us over for dinner (or even better...bringing to me, ha, just kidding!)?? Hmmm??? I'm available.

Unknown said...

My little chunky is so cute. I miss him. Give him and big big kiss and hug from Manny:)

Jessica said...

That was a cute post. Looks like you had fun, but working in the kitchen is a lot of work!! :))

a said...

Wow! That sounds yummy! I can't wait (or actually, I can wait...I don't want him to grow up too fast) until BearHug is the age to help like that in the kitchen. Right now, he just likes to take out all the utensils from the drawers (which he can reach). Fun.