Friday, September 12, 2008

One Heartbeat At A Time


I feel so blessed this week! Just a lot of nice little things have happened. For example, just in the past week,I got free tickets to a huge local concert, I have won a $50 gift certificate to dinner and free movie passes, Amy blessed me with a bunch of apples from a mutual friend's house, and then today my wonderful nanny blessed me with free tickets to the corn maze (which I have been wanting to go, but did not want to spend the money) which by the way is such a cute Indiana thing, and then to top it off, she also blessed me with the new Steven Curtis Chapman CD! I love him and have been listening to his music for quite a while! Today, while listening to my new CD in the car, I came upon this song, which I really feel so closely represents this season in my life. Spending my days teaching the young children in my class and then spending my nights with Chunky, sometimes I feel so blessed, yet so exhausted! So I want to dedicate this post to all of my mommy friends who are sharing this stage in their life with me!


"One Heartbeat At A Time"

You're up all night with a screaming baby

You run all day at the speed of life

And every day you feel a little bit less

Like the beautiful woman you are


So you fall in bed when you run out of hours

And you wonder if anything worth

doing got done

Well maybe you just don't know

Or maybe you've forgotten


That you, you are changing the world

One little heartbeat at a time

Making history with every touch and every

smile

Oh you, you may not see it now

But I believe that time will tell

How you, you are changing the world

One little heartbeat at a time


With every, "I know you can do it"

And every tear that you kiss away

So many little things that seem

to go unnoticed


They're just like the drops of rain

Over time, they become a river


You're beautiful, so beautiful

How you're changing the world, yeah you're

changing the world


I believe that you, you are changing the world

One little heartbeat at a time


3 comments:

Lora said...

Beautiful lyrics - I love it! So glad you had a great week, Kristy. PS - do any of those cute little hands belong to Alex??

Kristy V said...

No, those cute little hands belong to the kids in my class. I took the picture to show Lindsay the hands that were praying for Burke!

Members said...

yes, one heartbeat at a time! I'm just now catching a breath to check up on all of my friends' blogs! i love being a mommy too- thank goodness that God just gives us one moment at a time to handle!
k