Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks

Today, I give thanks for my husband. We have been together for 15 years. That is half of my lifetime! I am grateful for all of the good things that he brings out in me!



Today, I give thanks for my son. The beautiful gift that God gave to me. He makes me laugh and keeps me young. I am also grateful that the banana that he stuck in the ceramic Christmas house was easily removed this morning. Again, he keeps me on my toes!

Today I give thanks for my mom, who kept Chunky occupied while we cooked. I am also glad she lets him do things I would never let him do, like make deviled eggs or do the dishes.
Today, I give thanks for having food to eat. Especially toasted marshmallows! I am also happy to have a clean kitchen after 2 hours of doing dishes. Now, if only I could get the rest of my house clean.

Today, I give thanks that my good friend Kelly is picking up her new little boy in Columbia. She is there meeting him now along with her son and husband. I pray for a good transition and their safe return back to America.

Today, I give thanks to God for having the best of friends (old and new), a home to share with my family(even though it looks like a tornado has been through it), a job where I can share God's word(even amongst the 11 screaming kids) and to be surrounded by my family today to share a wonderful and quite filling meal. Leftovers are the best!

I also have a prayer request for everyone who reads my blog. There will be a very special baby coming into my life in about 8 months. (No, I am not pregnant.) However, this child will be my godchild and I love him/her already. I know that God has big and glorious plans for this child. I have vowed to pray for him/her everyday as well as his mommy. Please keep them in your prayers.

No comments: