Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Thanks Santa!

The first year Chunky was born, I got the cute Santa holding baby pic at a local grocery store for pretty cheap. He was about 6 months old. The next year, I decided to get the pic taken at the mall with my friend Jessica, who helped me pick out the outfit....and we got the whole "who is this fat guy holding me look". Fast Forward to year 3 (age 30 months) and you get the whole "child is screaming so loudly and his silly mom just paid $15 for this pic" photo. Last year, I decided to skip it and this year we just passed by Santa. Chunky said "Hi" from a far distance and was done. We tried to visit Santa on "The Polar Express", thinking we had a better shot at a cute pic being that he was so happy to be on a train...not quite. Moving right along....today at school, call it peer pressure, Chunky was all about talking to Santa. What did he tell Santa that he wanted? "A surprise for mommy and daddy!" How sweet is that? Santa must have been listening, because 1 hour later, I found out that I won a $200 gift certificate to Schylling Toys (online toy company). My random entry was picked out of the 502 that entered! So, we have his 5 yr old birthday and next Christmas covered! Speaking of great gifts, do you remember the special baby that I mentioned that was coming into my life and who would be blessed by such a awesome Godmother? Well, I guess the baby figured it would need to share the love and decided that it would be a twin! Yep, two new godchildren that I get to spoil! I know they are only 8 weeks in utero, but is it too early to buy matching outfits?

No comments: