Friday, May 16, 2008

Just The Facts Mam

Okay....so here are 10 random facts you may/may not know about me

1) I used to wear glasses, probably still need glasses, was told by the army I really should be wearing glasses, but I just cant bring myself to do it. And when I say I did wear glasses...I was 8 and used them maybe twice. Good investment on my mom's part

2)My favorite food is crabs. Preferably Blue Crabs from the Gulf Coast. I like the claws the best...refuse to eat the yellow junk (the eggs) and will not ever put fake crab meat in my mouth!

3)I call my little guy "Chunky Monkey". I have been calling him this since I was about 3 weeks pregnant. Granted he is super skinny and I swore he would come out 15 pounds but like always he proved me wrong. That is his name and I am sticking too it!

4)I have had multiple broken bones from freak accidents! Left Arm - age 7 - due to loose monkey bar, Broken Right Foot and Pubis Ramus due to stupid Army drill sgt (or jumping off a really high wall), Right wrist - from chasing after baby stroller at mall in crocs on ice, Right Pink from having door slammed on it by a man who could not read the "Do Not Open This Door" sign.

5)I love to read...but really just acquired this love about 6 years ago while in the Army and had nothing else to do.

6)I have been to college 4 times in 3 different states and still don't know what exactly I am supposed to do....don't even get me started on how many jobs I have had...or get my friends started.

7)I once painted my whole 4 bedroom house pepto bismal pink...and no I have never used a drug in my entire life

8)I have had 3 American Eskimos...all named Alex....and they all live happily ever after destroying another nice family's home

9)I have been married for over 10 years and with my husband over 14 years

10)I had a Mickey Mouse Wedding....with Mickey Mouse ears as wedding favors and yes the groomsmen were in Mickey Mouse tuxes...By the way...my Minnie Mouse veil caught on fire at the wedding due to standing too close to the candelabra. Lesson learned.

7 comments:

Members said...

Holy smokeroos! You are a hoot! I have to see pictures from this mickey mouse wedding.
Lots of interesting facts about you on this.
I love reading these blogs and "hearing" the person talk in my mind.. I can SO hear your voice on this blog!!!
love ya,
k

Jessica said...

Your crazy and I can't imagine you any other way. :))

amy f. said...

I didn't know a LOT of this stuff about you! 3 dogs named Alex, huh. And the Mickey Mouse wedding disturbs me a little, but I still love you. I.MUST.SEE.PICTURES. I cannot picture a Mickey Mouse tux or Minnie veil for the life of me. Like, honestly, I don't know if I'll be able to get this vision out of my head for the rest of the day, so I need to see pics as soon as I get back to put it all into perspective for me :-)

Love you and your blog :-)

Mari said...

The visual in my head for the Mickey Mouse wedding is pretty funny! I really want to see those pictures too! You are so funny and I love listening to your insight of things!

Renay said...

I knew it...you are so funny and have more interesting stories abot your past that really happened than I could ever make up;-) Was it all dramatic when the veil caught fire or funny like funniest home videos funny?

Thanks fo rposting pics of the wedding-are you still a MM freak, I mean fan or was it a passing phase like big hair and flare leg jeans?

Kristy V said...

The veil thing was totally a funniest home video moment. If someone would have been paying attention with the camera I would be living in a much bigger house! The Mickey Mouse thing was just a wedding thing. Something to be different and fun, although the 10 day honeymoon without kids to Disney was awesome. And yes...I did go through the big hair phase...thank goodness that is done with!

a said...

LOL on the Mickey Mouse fire fiasco! :)