Monday, May 26, 2008

Weekend In Review

It is so rare that I have 3 days off together that I think God thought he would bless me with 3 1/2 days just to be nice. On Friday, I was supposed to work until 6, but due to the strange power outage, the whole daycare had to close 4 hours early only to have the power turn back on as the last child left. This worked well for me due to a lingering migraine. Saturday was super productive, (they normally are not). We started the morning off by visiting the firehouse and getting to see the cool trucks and trying on the fire gear with some friends. We then went to Budgees (my favorite place for the summer) and then went bowling! On the homefront, the hubby changed out 2 fans and a light fixture with some new fixtures and a cool chandelier (all purchased at the famous Aldi's for $46 for 2 fixtures and 1 chandelier and they look great). I also stripped the wallpaper off of the bathroom and repainted. I am sure all of this work led to my Sunday migraine where I just laid around and took a 3 hour nap. Today, I tried to make up for losing a day and the family made our first visit to Hannah Park where this pic was taken. I love this park! It has so many fun things to do and no one was there! It made for a great end to my long weekend. Oh well, back to work tommorow I guess. How many days till July 4th?

3 comments:

amy f. said...

Chunky takes the cutest pictures, seriously!

You had a very productive and fun weekend :-) I tried to find Budgees, but then realized I had no idea where it was and that it was a silly idea to blindly search for the place. We'll have to go sometime.

I still can't get over that you got those light fixtures from Aldi, that's awesome!

Jessica said...

We had a great time with you and Chunky this weekend. Thanks!

Mari said...

I'm glad you had a great long weekend! Isn't it so refreshing to just have one extra day every now and then?! It was so fun walking with you tonight and I can't wait to do it again. You did great! Thanks for keeping me going.