Saturday, July 19, 2008

Ending the Week with a Bang!




We have overall had a great week! On Thursday, Chunky and I went to Krispy Kreme for a tour! Yummy sugary goodness! Last night, we went to a stargazing party, where we both tried Smores for the first time! Can I have smore please? We had the traditional, but then I also threw in some different stuff into the mix, like coconut toasted marshmallows, Hershey's dark chocolate, and Reece's peanutbutter cups (Sorry Lindsay). I think my next purchase will be a fire pit! Also, did you see the red moon last night? So cool! But, the best part of this weekend came this morning when my wonderful assistant called saying that she had made it through the first part of the tryouts for American Idol!!!!She said there were 30,000 people in line!She has to try out on Monday for Simon! I know that she will make it to Hollywood! Anyone want to be my assistant while she is gone? Please make sure to say a prayer for her this weekend, that she will do wonderful and have the Holy Spirit with her to keep her calm and focused. She is a wonderful singer and a wonderful friend! Go Shalina!!!!

3 comments:

April said...

Star gazing party...that sounds cool! I didn't see the red moon and I was even out late. :(

I love your smore concotion. I'm going to have to try that.

How cool about your assistant! The boys piano teacher is also down this weekend auditioning for American Idol!! How cool would it be to have 2 people from Lafayette on there! The sad part is if she makes it the boys lose an awesome piano teacher. :( But if thats what happens we will be so happy for her!

Sounds like you had an amazing week! You guys do so many cool things together! Your such a good mom!

Mom said...

oops! Forgot all about going to see the red moon! Got a little "pre-occupied". Glad that u guys had a lot of fun, looks like Chunkys marshmallow was a lil on the well done side! Oh well, HANG IN THERE BOO! I love you!
Love Mom (Back to the paint brush!!!

amy f. said...

Your version of S'mores sounds like a party in my mouth...hahaha. I'm stupid. Anyway, glad you two had fun at those two tasty events.

That's really cool about Shalina making it past the preliminary round. I'll be rootin' for her.