Sunday, July 13, 2008

Quick Weekend Update




Overall....it was pretty good. I still have more chocolate cake than any one person deserves. We have had 5 cakes in 1 week. One for the 4th during Chunky's party, one on Chunky's birthday, one for me in class, chocolate cupcakes that Chunky made at my mom's house on Friday and then when I got home the chocolate cake my hubby got for me(triple chocolate to be exact)! Saturday morning, Chunky started swim classes at the YMCA. The program is very organized and I will keep him in the program until I feel he is a great swimmer (which will be a while). I also learned to swim at the YMCA. I went out with my mom Saturday afternoon to use the Borders and Sgt Preston's coupons. Got a David Crowder Cd which was very good. My class loves to sing along to "You Never Let Go". It is the most beautiful thing to witness 3 year olds singing their hearts out to worship music. I know it makes God laugh and smile! Saturday night, I worked on this blog...added 100 songs (hope you like at least a few of them), got mad because I kept deleting things on accident and went to bed really late! Do you like the fridge and family portrait at the bottom of the page? It looks like the one on my car! I had all of the blogs that I checked linked to mine and today I did something that deleted them. Ugh! This morning we went to Elston Family Church's carnival! It is so nice to do something for the community! Connor had fun, but showed his sparkling personality towards the end. To end the day, I cut the grass, while the hubby has worked all day on the pool. Can I just say, after mowing the huge abyss that we call a yard...I really have come to appreciate what the hubby does every week. I actually have blisters on my hand! Hope everyone had a great week!

4 comments:

April said...

Sounds like you had a busy weekend!

The twins LOVE the song Never Let Go too! They sing it all the time.

It was good to see ya today! Thanks again for the pool!! The boys are gonna love it. I haven't showed them yet.
Have a good week!

amy f. said...

I just clicked on the picture of you two going down the slide...your facial expression is awesome.....and Chunky has a face like "whatever, no big deal." It's so sweet how his hand is on your leg (he's hanging on you even when going down a slide) :-)

That cake looks SO good, yum.

100 songs? That had to take you forever to do. We'll have to converse about some of your song selections later, haha....NKOTB, seriously?!

I'm glad you had a great weekend :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks for your cool idea on flipflops and applesauce. I'll have to try that!
Let's get together and listen to 70s music and load up on junk food and Coke-my favorites, too!

a said...

That cake looks great! :) I agree that watching little ones worship is priceless!