Friday, July 11, 2008

Like The Best Birthday Ever!






I am now officially in my 30's. Last night I went out for a birthday dinner with Amy and our dear friend Brutus (also known as Jessica). We had a great time, I got some really cool gifts, and a overpriced, but should not have been paid for birthday treat. Just FYI...if you should go to Applebees and the waitress hears you mention a birthday to someone else at your table, she will kindly bring you a ice cream sundae and then charge your friends $5.00 for a birthday surprise. I think the surprise was on my friends! But, did you know that if you register for Border's rewards, they will send you a 25% off coupon, Mountain Jacks will send you a $10 off gift certificate, but the winner by far is Scotty's Brewhouse who sent me a email for a free dinner and desert with no purchase necessary for your birthday, just your ID! Today at school, my wonderful and brilliant assistant Shalina made sure I had a awesome day since I had to be stuck at work. The pictures show the sign the kids made for me when I walked in, (notice the portrait), a construction paper cake with some pretty cool candles, curly ribbon was hanging from the ceiling and the doors, I had a ppecial birthday chair and the number of the day was "31" just like me! All of the kids made me handmade cards and got me a yummy chocolate cake. My boss gave me the card with the picture of the dead fish on it, with the inscription, "Here is wishing you a better year and hoping you won't kill so many fish in the classroom in the process! " Today was bike day at school. Don't I look hot riding Chunky's bike. And to top off the school day, my assistant inhaled helium and serenaded me with "Happy Birthday" and for my gift she set me up to get my hair permed with one of my student's moms who owns a salon. How cool is that? Can you believe I get paid to play with balloons, eat cake and ride bikes all day? If I have to work, then this is my kind of job! When I got home, the hubby gave me a singing card and a triple chocolate cake, which goes great with the chocolate cake I had at snack time today! We were supposed to go out to eat tonight, but settled for Chinese delivery (at my suggestion...the heat just wears me out). Anyway...my point is today was a awesome day!

7 comments:

April said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Mom said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOO!

SOO glad u had such a good one! How about a nice BIG SLICE of TRIPLE DECKER KILLER CHOCOLATE CAKE!! MMMM! (LOL!) Oh well, at least Chunky had a lot of fun in the kitchen and got to blow out your candles again! Love, Mom

amy f. said...

Oh, wow, you had a GREAT birthday...even while working...sounded like so much fun! That construction paper b-day cake was impressive and large! You are swimming in chocolate birthday cake, girl, yum! I love how you consider 31 officially in your 30s, hahaha.

How do I get signed up for the Scotty's Brewhouse b-day deal? I want that! The perm sounds exciting....can I come and hang out with you during it??

I'm so glad your b-day was much more spectacular than you could have imagined...love ya!

Jessica said...

I loved that your assistant and the kids made your day at work great. I was thinking of you and wishing you a great day at work and with Jairo. Glad to hear it turned out to be just that!!!

FYI: The laughter about the dessert was worth every penny! :)) Now we know how Applebee's is still able to be financially stable in this economy. ha ha

Lindsay said...

I'm glad you had such an awesome birthday! I'm jealous I missed out on the Applebee's...you know I would have made them take the charge off. It's weird. We went to Applebee's for Mike's birthday last month, and his ice cream was free. Hmpf... Anyways, Happy Birthday (ol' lady)!! :)

Kristy V said...

You know I wanted to make the waitress take it off..but certain friends did not want my fighting spirit to come out and begged me to remain quiet!

Mari said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I'm glad to hear you had such a great day! Sounds like you definitely had enough chocolate cake to call it a good day!!