Saturday, June 21, 2008

Fish, Food, Fountains, and Fireworks





Busy weekend (or should I say busy Saturday)
We started the early morning at the children's fishing rodeo. I thought that meant small poles and the gummy bait in the packages at Walmart. I was so wrong. They had the big poles and live worms and other small animals that I did not recognize. Luckily, God sent Angela and her husband to help me bait the pole and cast the line. I do not know how to fish at all! Chunky had fun, almost fell in the water once, almost ran into the street twice! Needless to say his next fishing trip will be when he graduates from high school. Tonight we went for the first time to Taste of Tippecanoe. I was quite impressed for being a small city. My husband and I decided to leave our son with my mom and go on a date. We have not had a date and well over a year. Yes, I know it well past time. Anyway, this is what happens when we don't have to look after a small child. We eat, alot. We "tasted" Mango Green Bubble Tea from Basil Thai, Buffalo Wild Wings Spicy Garlic Wings (our new favorite food) Birthday Cake flavored shaved ice, Punjabi Masalas Kitchen's Hara Chicken Kabab (the chicken was green and it was supposed to look that way - Hubby liked it, I thought it was just ok), McGraw's Jack Daniels Beef Teriyaki Tips, Arni's Orange Dreamsicle Cheesecake, and Yat's Red Beans and Rice (which was nothing like home). Overall, we spent too much money on food, but had a great time listening to all of the bands. I really liked a young christian band playing there named 1000 generations. They had wonderful stage performances and were very nice people. The fountain near Borders was full of bubbles. I also tried out the new fireworks option on the new camera. See pic above! Hope everyone has a great weekend. Tommorow, I think I will rest. And maybe do some push ups to get rid of all of this food!

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

What a good day!! :) Taste of Tipp sounds so yummy and fun. Mike and I have got to make it a point to get there some day. :)

amy f. said...

You guys look so cute together on your date night. I think that was a good idea to go just the two of you--you so deserved a date night. Did you get the shirt with your pepsi points? I like it.

I can't even pronounce half the stuff you tasted. Arni's does orange dreamsicle cheesecake?? Yum. Glad you had a nice time.

Kristy V said...

Yep...got the shirt with the pepsi points. And yeah, I guess the main Arni's serves cheesecake. It was ok/good, Cheesecake factory is much better. Also, I learned that I really don't need to go eat at Indian places.

Mari said...

I'm so glad that you guys got to enjoy a date night! I haven't been to the Taste before either. Maybe one of these years we will make it a point to go!

April said...

I'm glad you had a good date night! I can't believe the size of those poles they gave the kids on Saturday! It looks like you guys had fun!

Jessica said...

Wahoo! A date night, you need to do that more often! You know I'll watch Chunky!

Love the picture of the two of you!