Sunday, June 15, 2008

Wonderful Day !

It is not often that I get to spend the whole day with my family, but today was just one of those wonderful days that I will always remember. We started the day by taking a ride on the City Bus. We have been promising Chunky for weeks but just never got around to it. Today, his wish was granted. A one hour tour of the city in a ice cold bus. He was so happy! We then crossed the bridge over the Wabash and headed to Scotty's Brewhouse which was surprisingly good. I don't say that often about Lafayette restaurants. Next, we headed over to borders for some relaxing time. I got to visit my mom today, where she gave Chunky this wonderful streamer. He loved it and played with it for quite a long time. My mom them gave him the hose with a light sprinkle to water the flowers. He quickly discovered how to get himself just a little wet, first the hands, then the legs, than asked to take off all of his clothes. So, I did what any mom would do and stripped him down to his undies and let him have a wonderful time with the hose. I have not had so much fun watching him in such a long time! Today, it made me realize to stop and enjoy the little time I have with my little boy just being little! Our day was finished off by visiting my uncle and surprising him with a Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake. Yummy! He was so happy to see Chunky and loved the card that was made for him. I hope everyone had a wonderful day today!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Glad you had a chance to soak in the day! Love ya girl!

Lindsay said...

Kristy, what a great day! :) I remember when Anja was interested in buses and wanted me to take her for a ride. I used to love playing with those streamer things, too! (Kudos for a being a fun mommy and letting your little guy strip down to his skivvies and play in the water!) See you soon, I hope!!

Mom said...

Hi Boo!
It's the lil things in life that mean so much to us! All of your visits with Chunky have made so many wonderful memories. I love all of the pics and blogs, hope you continue! Enjoy your lil boy, they grow up so fast!! But, then they bring you more joy than you'll ever know. Thanks for blessing me with such a wonderful grandson, and I thank God everyday for MY beautiful child. She has grown up to be a fantastic mother, and friend, and so many other things! I love you and Chunky sooo much!!! Looking forward to much more! Love, Mom