Sunday, June 8, 2008

I Learn Something New Daily


So today we went for the first time to pick strawberries. I should say this is the first time we have ever picked anything. It overall was a fun time. Chunky used the pick one/eat one method, while I used the let the small child bend over and pick off the ground technique. We ended up picking about 9.5 lbs and gave most of them away. I learned that we should have worn old shoes and a change of clothes, but overall we both had lots of fun. I think Amy was laughing at me, because I really had no clue what we were doing. Is it my fault that fruit does not grow on concrete in a major city? I think not. Moving On. Here is a pic of Tea, Chunky's new best friend. She stands taller than Chunky and weighs about 20 lbs more than he does. My mom got her from Greyhound Rescue as she recently broke her leg. She is 2 years old and very gentle, although she did eat all of the happy meal that was left on the table during a potty break. Oh well, no dog can ever be perfect, but she sleeps 18 out of 24 hours. Sounds like a pretty perfect dog to me. Also when she gets happy, she shows all of her teeth and it looks like she is growling. She will be a great guard dog. Have a great week!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Well you can now say you've picked strawberry's. Will you do it again next year? This year really wasn't the best pick-ins. As we went this past Friday.

Mari said...

Picking strawberries sounds like so much fun. I do like your technique of letting the young ones do the work! ;)
That dog is so beautiful. I actually rescued a greyhound and loved having her. I unfortunately had to find a new home for her when we found out we were moving because we weren't sure where we were going to be staying and for how long. Actually the dog I had looked very much like the one you have pictured. She had a little more white on her. Some days, I want to rescue another one, but I think it would be too much for me right now.

a said...

How funny! A grinning dog!